At VitaCat, we’re passionate about cats and creating cat chews to support your cat’s health so they can thrive. And we know to do that, our formulations need to include the best plant ingredients known to potentially contribute to cat health and happiness. After doing our research and talking to experts, we found a variety of plant ingredients that we’ve incorporated into our VitaCat formulations.
Below, a list of the ingredients used in our cat chew formulations and the benefits of each:
- Organic Hemp Protein Powder is made from ground hemp seeds, and can have anti-inflammatory benefits, and can support overall immune health.
- Chamomile Flower Powder can promote relaxation and stress reduction, and small doses are proven safe for cats.
- Passion Flower Powder can relieve muscle spasms caused by stress or anxiety.
- Ginger Root Powder may support cat digestion and aid in soothing nausea.
- L-Theanine is an amino acid found in Green Tea and may have a calming effect on cats.
- L-Tryptophan is an amino acid that may reduce aggression and stress in cats.
- Melatonin might help treat sleep issues and cat separation anxiety.
- Astragalus Root Extract has antiviral, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that might work to boost immune systems and support kidney function.
- Rehmannia Root Extract may support urinary health in cats.
- Taurine is an amino acid that is critical for vision, digestion, heart muscle function, and to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Yucca Schidigera Extract appears to have positive effects in the GI tract for cats.
- Vitamin A is an essential vitamin for cats and supports overall health of skin, coat, muscles, and nerves.
- Vitamin E provides benefits to your cat's skin and can treat treat mites, eczema, and flea allergy dermatitis.
- Niacinamide is a supplement that treatsinflammatory skin conditions in cats.
- Vitamin B1, a is an essential vitamin that supports the cat’s brain and other high energy organs.
- Vitamin B2 helps cats synthesize carbohydrates and supports fur health.
- Vitamin B5 helps cats metabolize fats, carbs, and proteins.
- Folic Acid promotes overall health and immune support.
- Vitamin B12 is crucial to the health of a cat’s immune system, nervous system, and digestive tract.
Check out our website for our collection of cat chews and to see a full list of ingredients for each one! Got a question about which cat chew is best for your cat? Shoot us an email at email@example.com so we can chat!